Friday, December 4, 2015

On Sunday morning Austin, Dave and I got up early and went and met the married kids to send them and Austin off. We met at the metro station and said good-bye, and also got their apartment key. Sunday night Dave & I and the 3 younger kids had to stay at their apartment because we needed to stay in Paris for 1 more night, and our apartment was rented out to someone else. The big kids made it to their flight just fine, and home as well.



We moved our food over to the other apartment before we went to church, and then after church we gathered up our things and moved it all. That apartment was so small!! It was fine for 1 night, but would have been quite inconvenient for any longer! 

The pastry shop near our apartment that we stopped at for treats a few times.

In the mid-afternoon we went back to Notre Dame to see Jesus' crown of thorns. It's kind of hard to see, but it's encased in the red glass container below. It was obtained by King Louis IX, along with some other relics of Christ's atonement, or "Passion", as they call it in the Catholic church. It's pretty amazing that it has been preserved. It was a privilege to see it. 





On our way to Notre Dame we saw a whole bunch of police motorcycles. Dave asked what was going on, and apparently they had had a police parade earlier.


We ate dinner at our squishy apartment and took it easy in the evening. We went to bed a little bit early, as we had to wake up really early on Monday morning to catch our flight. As my head hit the pillow at 10:15, I realized that I had left our passports at the other apartment!!! I quickly called Marie and we were able to meet over there and get them from the people who had moved in after us!!!!!! Holy cow, talk about a panic moment!!! I'm so glad I realized it when I did, and not in the morning, or we might have missed our flight!! And I'm so glad that Marie answered her phone so late!

No comments:

Post a Comment